Full Stack Developer
At BACKBONE, we are looking for a Full Stack Developer. If you have what we are looking for, go ahead and be part of our team!
Share this position
Full Stack Developer (Expresia)
Full-time position at 40 hrs/week
Hiring office: Vancouver, Canada
Location: Remote - Americas & Europe (or 2 - 4 hours or more of overlap with 8 AM-4 PM PST.)
Contributes to the overall success of the product development team, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed and delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives.
The Technical lead reports to the Head of Product. The role is responsible for establishing a long term development strategy, operating procedures and quality standards to deliver outstanding technology solutions in the Expresia ecosystem. As a team manager, the role is expected to develop and enforce software development best practices such as drafting tests, implementing unit and integration tests, and peer-reviewing other team members’ code. They are also encouraged to support project and client needs analysis to provide product coverage for the services portion of Backbone’s (parent company) business.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field.
- At least seven (7) years of industry experience in software development/delivery space.
- A solid CS foundation including at least three (3+) years of experience in a software engineering and development role.
- Solid LAMP stack fundamentals.
- Experience with scalability issues and multi-tiered integration solutions.
- 3+ years of team lead experience with technical teams, driving technology projects (application development and infrastructure) with fluid needs and schedules.
- Hands-on experience on Agile methodology development practices.
- Passionate about technology, strives for superior knowledge of emerging industry trends across multiple disciplines.
- Thinks outside of the box and is able to lead the teams to innovate.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects of varying complexity in a sophisticated matrix management organization.
- Strong familiarity with Cloud Technologies (BaaS, IaaS, PaaS).
- Excels in a remote-first, writing-based culture of freedom and responsibility.
- Strong command of business English (B2 or higher).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Show proven ability to deliver projects using Agile methodologies and lean approach techniques.
- Communicate proactively with all stakeholders to provide advisory, identify problems, create solutions. and implement efficiency improvements.
- Contribute to establishing priorities, standards, and strategies consistent with technology roadmap, business goals and economic viability.
- Work with the Head of Product and other senior stakeholders to help understand business goals, infrastructure needs, and technical constraints to establish project scopes, and define and deliver complex features.
- Understand business requirements and translate them into technical guidelines for development.
- Provide input to the continuous improvement of processes and adopting latest technologies and methodologies.
- Coach for effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across the technical team to help create an agile culture.
- Lead pilot projects for the development of new product functionality.
- Coach teams to maintain or build applications for infrastructure based on the latest relevant technology.
- Meet product and project stakeholders on a regular basis and help technical teams to identify, define, and specify solutions.
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
- Review code from other developers and make suggestions.
- Oversee the development team and evaluate their performance.
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies / industry trends and apply them in daily operations.
- stablish and promote development guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Participate in meetings with the broader business management team to understand needs and product vision.
- Be proactive in recommending and planning solutions, feature improvements and optimizations.
- Work with design teams to vet and confirm viability of planned features.
- Develop a thorough understanding of our agency users and developer base, and be able to produce well thought out solutions to optimize developer and administrator productivity.