Expresia Product Designer
Full-time position at 40 hrs/week
Hiring office: Vancouver, Canada
Location: Remote - Americas & Europe (or 2 - 4 hours or more of overlap with 8 AM-4 PM PST.)
Responsible for the user experience and interface design processes and results, in close collaboration with the engineering, marketing and sales teams to influence product growth.
The Product Designer reports to the Head of Product. This role sets design direction across all current and future Expresia products experience. This is an opportunity for a designer to grow in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Successful candidates will meld their passion for designing delightful, visually appealing products, thinking strategically and collaborating with a cross functional team to impact Expresia’s growth, user engagement and retention.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Design or a related field.
- 4+ years of experience with UX and UI responsibilities across multiple devices and platforms in mobile & web applications.
- Strong ability for ideating and building dazzling, eng-ready features.
- Excels at running a clear, cohesive design process with clear information architecture and usability testing components.
- Highly skilled in ideation, design and prototyping tools (Miro, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or other design tools).
- Exceptional collaboration and communication with cross functional teams to identify pain points, opportunities and outcomes.
- Strong grasp on data analysis to draw conclusions and build recommendations.
- Outstanding ability to think creatively and identify and resolve problems.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills.
- Excels in a remote-first, writing-based culture of freedom and responsibility.
- Strong command of business English (B2 or higher).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the engineering and marketing team to scope features to improve Expresia’s user experience.
- Work closely with end users, engineering team, and the executive team to develop, prioritize, and execute against a roadmap that directly impacts customer experience.
- Write, share, and enact project plans for your work from inception through research, design, testing, and revision.
- Be involved in running usability studies on your work and collaborating on early UX research.
- Create and deliver high-quality design outcomes like concepts, user journeys, wireframes, UI flows and detailed UI design.
- Update and maintain the product’s design system, and ensure it complies with best UX/UI practices.
- Continuously review and proactively conduct product experience enhancements for all Expresia product layers.
- Manage the handover and support of your designs to other teams for technical development and content creation.
- Providing accurate estimation of tasks and help with prioritization .
- Present design and communicate work to team members and stakeholders.